Thursday 19 June 2014

Govardhan Eco Village - Simple Living & High Thinking

Goverdhan Eco Village



During my next visit to India, this place is my dream destination and is in the top of my list of places to be visited. I really liked the way the whole farm had been developed and the simple, natural way of living in the village. It is amazing to see so many activities and initiatives being conducted here.


In my opinion, there is so much happiness and peace living in a village. Living close to Mother Nature and enjoying the fresh air, away from the noise and pollution of a city is something I always long for and would cherish those moments where I spent my time in a village. My grandfather was also a great visionary and he believed in self sufficiency, Alternative energy like – Cow dung as cooking gas, organic farming etc. Actually, it is so obvious – the difference between living in the city and in villages. People are more relaxed, they stop by, talk to you. And, all this is fast changing with advent of industrialisation and urbanisation. People started moving to cities, work in factories so on.

That’s why, when I see initiatives like this (Goverdhan eco village), I become so happy. At least someone is doing something and I want to be part of it. 


Please take a look at a short film that had recently been released about, the Govardhan Eco Village, a project led by Radhanath Swami. The film’s Executive Producer, Judy Queler brought to India Robyn Symon who produced and directed the film along with her team from Symon Productions Inc.


Govardhan Eco Village illustrates ‘Simple Living & High Thinking’ – a principle which is so succinct, yet profound, and formed the basis of life in the bygone age of wisdom. Life in the Vedic times was focused on service, and not on exploitation; this was the cardinal rule of living and the very essence of people’s dealings – with each other and that with Mother Nature. With the concepts of eco living being innate, the Vedic lifestyle was truly an eco friendly way of living life as instanced in the timeless Vedic scriptures like Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-Gita.
My photo of  a  Village near Vrindavan, UP India

My photo of  a  Village near Vrindavan, UP India


Govardhan Eco Village is situated on 50 acres of pristine farmland in the Wada district of Maharashtra. Although its rustic charm and sylvan ambience belie the fact, it is only a two-and-a-half hour drive north of Mumbai, South Asia’s economic powerhouse. The addition to the community of the Lady Northcote Hindu Orphanage in 2002 brought the total number of residents to 100.

You can read more about the Govardhan Eco Village at ecovillage.org.in.



No comments:

Post a Comment