Friday 29 July 2016

A trip to Mount Wollumbin (Mt Warning)

I was there at this beautiful place with wonderful Tropical Rainforest few weeks ago.Mount Wollumbin as the aboriginals call it and later named as Mt Warning is a mountain in the Tweed Range in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia, was formed from a volcanic plug of the now-gone Tweed Volcano.The Mountain is about 1100 Mts and trekking both ways takes about 4 to 5 Hours. 
Mount Wollumbin (Mt Warning)

Mount Wollumbin (Mt Warning)

Mount Wollumbin (Mt Warning)


A View of the top of the Mountain

A Huge tre






Mount Wollumbin (Mt Warning)



Not for the weak hearted (I felt) but, I did see some Senior people coming down from the Mountain. Everyone's reaction was that - it's beautiful, wonderful and amazing view from the top.I did not go really far because, my intent of the visit to the mountain was that of curiosity and let us see how it looks like. Though, I was disappointed that once we start trekking that from the base of the Mountain, you cannot get the whole view of the Mountain. So, the best view is when you are on Top or driving towards it.Once I started climbing the Mountain, I somehow felt the place to be a sacred or spiritual vibration. When, my son one time hit a tree trunk with a smaller stick that he picked up,the words spontaneously came out of my mouth. "Son, Be respectful to the trees and everything in this place".Later I learnt that this is a sacred Mountain for the Bundjalung people, and to many of the other Australian Aboriginal tribes.Anyway, I was travelling with my family and running short of time, did not go long.Me and my eldest son msut have climbed for about a Kilometer or so and decided to return back because, we have people waiting for us at the base of the Mountain. Anyway, this was a mysterious and interesting Mountain to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment