Thursday 24 April 2014

Spiritual Retreat at Baden Powell Scout Centre - Pennant Hills NSW

Recently over the long weekend, I attended a spiritual retreat at Baden Powell Scout Centre, Pennant Hills Sydney - NSW. The topic was quite an interesting one called, "The Divine & Demoniac Within" with HH Bhakti Rasmrita Swami. Based on teachings from Chapter 16 of Srimad Bhagavad Gita and other Shastras. 

HH Bhakti Rasmrita Swami Maharaj














It is said that in Satya-yuga, demons stayed on other planets. In Treta-yuga, they resided on the same planet but on another continent (Ravan in Lanka). In Dwapar-yuga, they moved closer, into the same town & family as the divine (Kamsa & Krsna). But in Kali-yuga, both divine & demoniac natures reside in the one place: in all of us.  
This retreat mainly dealt with basic questions like, 
·   Why do I get jealous when someone else succeeds?
·   Why do I lose my patience when things don't go my way?
·   Why do I do things that I know are bad for me?  And then regret my actions later?
·   How can I inculcate divine qualities like patience, humility and compassion?

 His Holiness Bhakti Rasmrita Swami gave a Soul stirring talk on getting hold of divine & demoniac natures which included, 
·   Inspirational stories and exemplary examples from the shastras
·   How to Overcome demoniac tendencies like anger, jealousy, greed.
·   Practical tips on how to apply the philosophy in our day-to-day lives
·   Develop divine qualities like forgiveness, tolerance, self-control etc.


This Scout center is Situated on 36 hectares adjoining Lane Cove National Park,in a bushland setting and is about 25 kms from Sydney CBD.Once at the Centre you feel a million miles   from the hustle and bustle of city life with its peaceful bushland and forest settings.For bird watchers, there are plenty of Birds like Kookaburra, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos etc.









No comments:

Post a Comment